We accept the following forms of payment:
Home » Help and Support » FAQs » Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance FAQs| Protect Your Bubble UK

General Questions

Q How do I file a complaint?

A. Please follow the guidelines below so that  your complaint can be dealt with in the most efficient way possible. 

1. Please submit your complaint in writing to:

Compliance Manager
Protect Your Bubble
Suite A
3rd Floor, Griffin House
135 High Street
West Sussex
RH10 1DQ

Tel: 0844 482 1053*

2. If you're still unsatisfied after you've received the outcome of your complaint from Rock Insurance Services Limited, you can then ask the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to review your case. You can contact them at the following address:

Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
E14 9SR

Tel: 0845 080 1800*
Email: complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

The FOS is an independent body that arbitrates on complaints about general insurance products. It will only consider complaints after you have been provided with written confirmation that the internal complaints procedure has been exhausted. In order for the FOS to review your case, you must send your complaint to them within six months of the date of our final correspondence to you. 

Your statutory rights are not affected if you choose to follow any of the complaints procedures above. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Service or Citizens Advice Bureau.

*Calls to 0844, 0843 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge.

Q What is an "excess fee"?
A. Unless you have purchased ‘Premier Plus’ cover, most sections of the policy carry an "excess fee". This is the amount you will have to pay – separate from your premium – if you make a claim which is approved. The amount may vary depending on the level of cover you have chosen, and is applicable per person, per section.
Q How can I pay for my policy?

A. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro/Switch, Solo, Visa Electron, Delta and American Express credit and debit cards.

We are only able to accept cheques for policies over the value of £100. The policy will not be set up until the cheque has been cleared through our bank. 

Cheques should be sent to:

PYB Travel Insurance, Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley RH10 1DQ.

If you have questions, please contact us on 0844 482 1053.*

*Calls to 0844, 0843 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge.

Q Can I change or cancel my policy?
A. Yes, you can cancel your policy within 14 days of purchase and receive a full refund – providing you have not yet begun your trip. After this period you will only be able to make changes, such as adjusting departure/return dates, extending the policy to cover Special Sports and Activities or upgrading the benefit levels within the policy. 

Please contact us on 0844 482 1053* if you need to cancel or change your policy.

*Calls to 0844, 0843 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge.


Q What are the differences between Economy, Standard, Premier and Premier Plus cover?
A. All policies provide you with up to £10,000,000 in cover for medical emergencies and repatriation, as well as £350 for emergency dental treatment and £2,000 for additional accommodation and travelling costs. Economy cover is a basic level policy, with lower levels of cover, significant exclusions and limited optional add-ons. Standard, Premier and Premier Plus cover levels also offer protection for additional items like pet care, legal protection, golf equipment and business equipment.

To get the full list of cover levels for each policy, see our Travel Insurance Terms and Conditions

Q Are there different policies for single and multiple trips?
A. Single Trip policies allow for trips up to 365 days in duration. Annual Multi-trip policies allow you to travel multiple times within one year, with maximum duration of 21 days for each individual trip you take.
Q Are there any optional extras I can add to my policy?

A. Yes – we provide a number of optional extras. Some of these add extra cover to your policy for an additional premium, such as car hire excess protection, winter sports cover, business cover, golf cover and cruise cover. Other extras allow you to exclude elements of cover, for a commensurate reduction in your premium, such as baggage/money cover and cancellation cover. Not all extras are available for all cover levels.

We also offer a Medical Screening telephone service, which allows travellers with pre-existing medical conditions to include these conditions in their cover, or even get cover where it would not otherwise have been offered, for an additional premium.

Q What are the main exclusions and conditions of this policy?
A. You may not be eligible for coverage if:
  • You’re 55 years of age or older
  • You live outside of the UK, or have spent more than six months abroad in the year prior to attempting to purchase a policy
  • You’re planning on travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner

There are also a number of limitations on cover and different policy exclusions depending upon which level of cover is taken out – please see the Travel Insurance Terms and Conditions for full details.

Q Can we travel independently on our Couple/Family Travel Insurance policy?
A. Everyone can travel independently; however, children must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult. 
Q How often can I travel on an Annual Multi-trip policy?
A. The policy lasts for the complete 12 months, and you can take as many trips/holidays as you wish during the year. Any individual trip or holiday must not last longer than 21 days. If a trip is for a longer period, you will need to purchase a Single Trip policy for that particular trip.

For an additional premium, you can opt for Winter Sports cover (for a maximum of 17 days per year) or Business or Golf cover (for a maximum of 21 days per year).

Q What is an "Excess Waiver"?
A. Certain cover levels include an "Excess Waiver" add-on, whereby, for an additional up-front premium, you will not need to pay the excess on any claim. 

You can add the Excess Waiver to your policy online or by calling 0844 482 1053.*

*Calls to 0844, 0843 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge.

Q How is my policy delivered?
A. Your policy certificate will be emailed directly to your email address shortly after being issued. Please note that some Internet providers filter our automated emails as spam, so be sure to check your spam/junk folder if the email has not been received.
Q Can you post me a copy of my policy certificate?

A. One of the ways we keep our prices competitive is by emailing policy details to customers. For that reason, we impose a postage and administration charge of £4.00 for sending hard-copy versions of the policy documents.

If you would like to receive your documents in this format, please call Customer Services on 0844 482 1053.*

*Calls to 0844, 0843 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge.


Q Is my mobile phone covered?

A. No, unfortunately we are unable to cover mobile phones and smart phones on our Travel Insurance policy at this time.

Q I'm hiring a car – am I covered for it?

A. When you hire a car, your car rental agreement will normally cover CDW (collision damage waiver), theft and third-party liability - so we don't cover them in our Travel Insurance policy. However your CDW policy will almost certainly come with an excess charge, requiring you to pay a portion of the costs to the car rental company. This can be as much as £2,000.

You can help cover that extra cost with our optional Car Hire Excess Insurance add-on. For an additional premium, you can cover your Car Hire excess charges, as well as other items such as damage to tyres, windscreens and the under body of the car. Learn more about Car Hire Excess Insurance below.

Q What is Car Hire Excess Insurance?
A. Should anything happen to your hire car during your rental agreement, you will be required to pay a portion of the costs to the car rental company (the excess). This can be as much as £2,000 with some car rental companies. For this reason, you may want to think about purchasing our Car Hire Insurance add-on, which covers your excess charges as well as other items such as damage to tyres, windscreens and the under body of the car which are often the financial responsibility of the hirer.
Q Are cash or valuables left in my car covered?
A. No – while theft of luggage from a vehicle is covered subject to reasonable precautions having been taken, there is no cover for cash or valuables left in an unattended vehicle at any time, even if the vehicle is locked. You should always take reasonable care to look after your property and treat it as if it were not insured.
Q Am I covered for a cruise holiday?
A. Yes – if you're going on a cruise, or a cruise makes up part of your trip, you can add cruise cover for an additional premium.
Q Am I covered for cancellation?
A. Yes – you are covered to varying levels (depending upon the level of cover booked) if you are forced to cancel your trip because of certain changes in circumstances, which are beyond your control, and of which you were unaware at the time you booked the policy.

However, not every reason for a trip cancellation is covered – particularly around the area of cancelled/delayed flights, train, boat or coach journeys, where you may need to pursue a refund from your carrier. Please check the Cancellation, Curtailment and Delay sections of the Terms and Conditions carefully to understand your coverage.
Q Are there age limits for cover?
A. Yes – if you’re 55 or older, you won’t be covered under the Economy, Standard or Premier policies. However, you can contact our partner, Rock Insurance, on 0844 482 1053* to see if you can obtain a quote on an alternative policy.

*Calls to 0844, 0843 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge.

Q Do you cover non-UK residents?

A.  Our policies are only available to residents of the UK (including the Isle of Man but not the Channel Islands) who are registered with a medical practitioner. However, if you are not a UK resident please contact us directly on 0844 482 1053* as we may be able to offer you an alternative policy.

*Calls to 0844, 0843 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge.

Q Are my glasses covered?
A. Yes, there is cover for glasses on our policies – they are included as valuables. However, the maximum amount that will be paid for sunglasses or prescription glasses of any kind is £150 for Economy and Standard cover, and £200 for Premier cover.
Q Am I covered if my plans change?

A. Yes – but if your travel arrangements change, then you must call us immediately on 0844 482 1053* to ensure that we are aware of the changes and can evaluate whether cover needs to be extended or any additional premium is required. You must be able to provide the correct period of insurance on your documentation in the event of a claim.

*Calls to 0844, 0843 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge.

Making a Claim

Q How do I make a claim?

A. Claim forms can be obtained from our claims handling partner, Claims Settlement Agencies, by calling 0843 658 0206*or emailing info@csal.co.uk. You will need to provide your name, policy number, and brief details of your claim.

All claims must be notified within 28 days of your return on a policy claim form, accompanied by original invoices, receipts, reports, etc. Please refer to the relevant section of your policy for specific conditions and details of the supporting evidence that will be required. Please remember that it is always advisable to retain copies of all documents when submitting your claim form. We recommend you use registered post.

*Calls to 0844, 0843 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge.

Q What documents and information will I need to make a claim?

A. If you want to make a claim, you’ll need:

  • A claim formsee above
  • Your policy reference number
  • Any accompanying original invoices, receipts, police reports, evidence of incidents etc.
Q What if my bag is stolen with all my travel documents and money whilst I am travelling?

A. You must report any theft or losses to the local police or relevant authority within 24 hours of the event and obtain a written report or confirmation. These reports are the only proof that the loss/theft actually occurred. Without them, we cannot make any payment to you. If you leave luggage and personal items unattended in a public place then we won’t be able to approve your claim. See the key exclusions and conditions within the policy Terms and Conditions for more details.

Q What documents do I need to take on my trip?
A. Make sure to take a copy of your certificate of insurance and a copy of the full policy wording – these documents contain important numbers that you may require whilst travelling.

Medical Cover

Q What if I need medical assistance while travelling?

A. If you need medical assistance while travelling, you must contact our assistance line as soon as possible to get prior authorisation before incurring any expenses over £500, except in the case of an emergency. In the case of emergency, if you are physically prevented from contacting the assistance line immediately, you or someone designated by you must contact them within 48 hours.

To contact our assistance line outside the UK, dial: +44 843 658 0205. Be sure to give the representative your policy number when you call.

Q Can my excess fee be reduced?

A. Your excess will be reduced to nil if you have used a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC, formerly E111) to reduce your medical expenses bill, or if you have paid the Excess Waiver premium. The EHIC can be used to cover any necessary medical treatment due to either an accident or illness within the European Economic Area (EEA). The EHIC entitles the holder to state-provided medical treatment within the country they are visiting and the service provided will be the same as received by a person covered by the country's "insured" medical scheme.

Q What is the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)?

A. The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is the replacement for the E111 and entitles you to certain free or reduced-cost health arrangements in the EU, EEA or Switzerland.

How to apply for the EHIC:

  • At the Post Office® (21 days) - You can collect an application form and post it yourself or you can use the Post Office® Check & Send service, where they will check the application form and post it for you. Your application should be processed within 21 days.
  • By Telephone (10 days) - You can telephone the NHSBSA EHIC Application Line on 0300 330 1350. Your application should be processed within 10 days.
  • Online (seven days) - You can use the NHSBSA website which can be found at https://www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/home.do to apply online or download a hard-copy application form. Your application should be processed within seven days.
Q How can my health affect my cover?

A. To be entitled to cover under this insurance, you and all persons named on this policy, on whose behalf you have permission to apply for this insurance, must understand and agree to the following: 

No claim arising directly or indirectly from a pre-existing medical condition affecting you will be covered unless:

  • All your pre-existing medical conditions appear within the waived conditions list, or
  • You have declared your pre-existing medical conditions through our medical screening phone line, have been accepted and you have paid the appropriate additional premium, if required

You can contact The Medical Screening Team on 0843 658 0204.*

Cover for pre-existing medical conditions isn't available to customers visiting from price comparison sites.

*Calls to 0844, 0843 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge.

Q What is a "pre-existing medical condition"?

A. A "pre-existing medical condition" is:

  1. Any past or current medical condition that has given rise to symptoms or for which any form of treatment or prescribed medication, medical consultation, investigation or follow-up/check-up has been required or received during the two years prior to the commencement of cover under the policy and/or prior to any trip, and/or;
  2. Any cardiovascular or circulatory condition (e.g. heart condition, hypertension, blood clots, raised cholesterol, stroke, aneurysm) that has occurred at any time prior to the commencement of cover under the policy and/or prior to any trip
Q Am I covered if I'm pregnant?

A. Yes – cover under your policy is provided for unforeseen events. In particular, cover is provided under Section 1 for unforeseen bodily injury or illness. Pregnancy and childbirth are not considered to be either an illness or injury.

For the avoidance of doubt, please note that cover is ONLY given under Sections 1, 3, 4 and 5 of the policy wording for claims arising from complications of pregnancy and childbirth. Please make sure you read the definition of "complications of pregnancy and childbirth" given in your policy wording under the "Meaning of Words".

Sports and Activities

Q What does the winter sports extension cover? Which winter sports are not covered?

A. If you have paid the extra premium for the Winter Sports extension, you are covered for: damaged, stolen or lost ski equipment, piste closure (due to insufficient snow but NOT bad weather), avalanche cover, ski hire and ski pack costs up to the limits shown on the schedule of benefits.

You will be covered when engaging in the following sports and activities on a non-competitive and non-professional basis during your trip:

  • Cat Skiing (with guides)
  • Cross Country Skiing
  • Glacier Skiing
  • Ice Hockey
  • Langlauf (cross country skiing)
  • Monoskiing (not for time trials/speed skiing or racing)
  • Skiing on piste
  • Skiing or snow-boarding Off-piste (within local ski patrol guidelines)
  • Sledging/tobogganing
  • Snow Blading (no jumping, tricks)
  • Snow Bobbing
  • Snow Scooting
  • Snow Shoe Walking
  • Snow Shoeing
  • Snow Tubing
  • Snowblading
  • Snowboarding on piste
  • Tobogganing


You will also be covered when engaging in the following sports and activities on a non-competitive and non-professional basis during your trip, but no cover will apply in respect of any Personal Accident or personal liability claims:

  • Kite Snowboarding
  • Snow Go Karting
  • Skidoo
  • Snow Carting
  • Snowmobiling
  • Snowmobile Safari


You will not be covered for any claims arising directly or indirectly when engaging in or practising for the following sports and activities:

  • Aerial Skiing
  • Air Boarding
  • Biathlon
  • Bobsleigh
  • Freestyle Skiing
  • Heli Skiing or Heli Boarding
  • Ice Climbing
  • Ice Diving
  • Ice fishing by snowmobile (whether or not the snowmobile is driven by guides)
  • Ice Holing
  • Ice Marathon
  • Ice Speedway
  • Nordic Skiing
  • Paraskiing
  • Ski Acrobatics/Aerials
  • Ski Bob Racing
  • Ski Jumping
  • Ski Mountaineering
  • Ski Race Training
  • Ski Racing
  • Ski Randonee
  • Ski Stunting
  • Ski Touring
  • Ski Yawing
  • Skiing Off-piste (outside local ski patrol guidelines/ outside recognised and authorised areas)
  • Snow Biking
  • Snow Cat Driving
  • Snow Kiting
  • Snow Parascending
  • Snowboarding off-piste (outside local ski patrol guidelines/outside recognised and authorised areas)
  • Tandem Skiing


You are not covered in any circumstances when engaging in organised competitions, skiing off-piste outside local ski patrol guidelines or outside recognised and authorised areas, or when skiing against any other local authoritative warning or advice.

If you are undertaking a pursuit or activity which is not listed above, or you are in any doubt as to whether cover will apply, please call our Travel Helpline on 0844 482 1053.*

*Calls to 0844, 0843 and 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your telephone company’s access charge. 

Q Are any special sports and activities covered at no additional premium?

A. Yes – a large number of sports and activities are covered for no additional premium, although some of them do not include Personal Accident or Personal Liability cover. Please see Section 32 of the Policy Terms and Conditions document for a list of these sports and activities.

Q Are any special sports and activities not covered?

A. Yes – a number of special sports and activities are not covered under any circumstances.  Please see Section 32 of the Policy Terms and Conditions document for a list of these sports and activities.

Q Is my golf equipment covered?

A. Yes – if you’ve paid the additional premium for the golf cover extension, a maximum benefit limit of up to £1,000 on Standard cover, £1,500 on Premier cover and £2,000 on Premier Plus is available. Claims for a single club or item of golf equipment are limited to a maximum benefit of £500 for Standard and Premier cover and £1,000 for Premier Plus cover. The golf cover extension is not available for Economy cover.

Q Is scuba diving covered?

A. Some scuba diving is automatically included in your policy, but is subject to certain depth restrictions and other limitations.

See section 32 of the Policy Terms and Conditions for more information, where scuba coverage is detailed in the tables of sports cover.

Contact Us

Contact Us

Whether you have a sales enquiry, or need to change details on your policy, all the information is at your fingertips

Make a claim

Make a claim

Not sure where to start? We've pulled together all the information you’ll need

See our awards

Renew my policy

Renewing your gadget policy

If it's that time of year and you have a question about renewing your policy, check our FAQs

Make a complaint

Make a complaint

If something’s not gone as smoothly as you expected, please get in touch and we’ll do our best to resolve the matter as quickly as possible

Cookies remember you so we can give you a better online experience.
By using this website, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. Find out more about cookies.