Bike insurance requirements
More security requirements
Along with the lock requirements listed on this page, the following security requirements must be followed.
Whilst at home, your bicycle(s) should be kept either:
- In your home (house, flat or room in a communal residence) where the Bicycle is kept inside and any security devices are in operation.
- In a private garage or privately accessed wooden shed where you have complied with the following:
- All external doors are secured by either a five- or six-pin padlock or a minimum of a five-lever mortice deadlock to BS3621 standard, or;
- The bicycle is secured through the frame by an approved lock to an immovable object within the garage or shed.
Whilst out and about, please be aware of the following:
- If the bicycle is left unattended, it is only covered for 48 hours at any one time.
- When you do leave your bicycle unattended you must lock it using an approved lock through the frame.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions for the security requirements when your bicycle is left in or on a vehicle.
An immovable object is:
- any solid object fixed in or on to concrete or stone, which is not capable of being undone, removed with, or lifted under/over the Bicycle;
- a properly fixed motor vehicle roof rack or properly fixed vehicle Bicycle rack;
- at train stations, a Bicycle rack supplied by the train station expressly for the purpose of securing bikes, and within the jurisdiction of the transport police.